Portland State’s commenting guidelines
- Do not use pornographic, obscene, defamatory, inflammatory or otherwise inappropriate language.
- Do not post dehumanizing material, including content that is racist, xenophobic, homophobic, misogynistic or bigoted against individuals or groups.
- Differences of opinion are welcome, but please be respectful. Do not abuse others by name-calling or other ad hominem attacks.
- Please stay on topic. Trolling comments or posts that distract from the original topic by introducing unrelated hot-button topics are not allowed.
- Please be thoughtful. Comments that negatively characterize broad groups of people are unproductive and may be removed.
- Do not disclose information that is confidential by law or regulation. Do not violate anyone’s privacy by posting identifying information or encouraging others to do so.
- Do not promote or advocate illegal activity.
- Do not post material that violates copyrights or trademarks.
- Do not advertise or promote commercial products, services, entities or individuals.
- Do not endorse or oppose any individual campaigning for election to a political office, or promote or oppose any ballot proposal.
Comments that violate PSU’s guidelines may be removed, and repeat offenders may be banned from participating in social media platforms.
- Above all, stay civil. Ask yourself: Is it true? Is it necessary? Is it kind?